Facial skin is most prone to degeneration than any other skin type, basically due to sunlight exposure, dust and pollution. The skin starts to lose its freshness if it is not given its due nourishment. External skin care is as much important as internal cleansing. The dead skin needs to be removed and refreshed almost every week for a healthy glow.
It is obvious that one cannot go to the skin care centre every week for facials. The good news is that if you have good materials at home, you can pep yourself right at home by applying a great facial. Let’s see what steps are involved in doing a facial at home.
- Cleansing: The first step is cleansing your facial skin. For that you need a good cleanser or cleansing milk. Take cotton buds and dab them in your cleanser. Then slowly in rounded motion, rub the cleanser gently and remove it with lukewarm water. Be extremely gentle with your skin and dry out by lightly dabbing the towel on your face. Never ever harshly rub your skin with the towel
- Massage: Now take a good cream and oil. Very gently start massaging your skin in upward and rounded motions. It is the most relaxing part of the facial. So enjoy it thoroughly. Use two fingers and massage all your face carefully for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrubbing: Scrubbing is essential to remove the dead skin from your face. Take a good branded scrub and use your fingers to scrub off the face. Scrub more over oil excess areas like around the nose or forehead. Be extremely gentle and never use the whole palm for scrubbing. Use just the tips of fingers.
- Steaming: Steaming helps the pores to close, so it is an essential step. Take boiling water either in a kettle or a pot, put a towel over your head and gently take steam on the face. 1-2 minutes are enough.
- Face Pack: Last is to apply a face pack on your face and leave it for 15 minutes at least. You can use homemade face packs as well. When you feel it has dried up, wash it thoroughly and pat dry with towel and you are finished with a glowing skin.