Bihari Chicken Tikka
Bihari cuisine is quite famous in Pakistan like other Asian countries, but originally belongs to India- Bihar. This old and traditional cuisine is spicy and has mouthwatering BBQ flavor. Bihari Chicken Tikka is really delicious and surely, will satisfy your taste buds.
- black pepper,
- Ginger Garlic Paste,
- Hot spice powder,
- Mince meat,
- Mustard Oil,
- Poppy seed,
1. Make 2 or 3 deep slant cuts into each chicken piece. A whole chicken should be cut into 6-8 pieces.
2. Fry the onions in the oil till soft. Drain on paper towels and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Mix the onion paste, all above mentioned spices or Bihari masala powder (I have added the recipe of Bihari masala separately in the category of masala and chutney in this website) with the yogurt and add the chicken cubed to this mix. Add salt to taste and set aside for 5-6 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Add the raw papaya paste and yogurt into chicken mix about 1 hour before you are ready to cook the Bihari tikka.
5. Put a small foil paper or an onion peel in the middle of marinated chicken and place fully burnt coal on it.
6. Drop few drops of oil over the coal and lid it immediately so that smoke will retain in the container.
7. After an hour, remove the coal from marinated chicken and cook the chicken on medium heat in a pan. Cook till water evaporates completely.
8. Serve immediately with piping hot Naans and tamarind chutney.
9. These tikkas can be grilled as well.