Carrot Halwa (Gajar Ka Halwa)
Carrot Halwa is a typical oriental and favorite sweet dish of subcontinent and served in winter in all occasions, parties, and function.
1 . Peel and shred the carrots.
2. Boil the shredded carrots for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain them and pour a cup of tap water over them. So, the color of carrots remain original.
4. In a heavy base kadai or pan, melt the desi ghee on medium heat. Stir fry the boiled carrots so that the water is evaporated completely.
5. Now add sugar to the carrots and cook till the time it is completely dissolved.
6. After that add cardamom powder and stir well, cook for about 4-5 minutes till the time it starts leaving ghee.
7. Now add khoya in the mid of carrots and cover it with carrots, lid it, turn off the heat and leave it for five minutes.
8. Mix the khoya lightly.
9. Serve after garnishing with the layer of khoya and boiled eggs.
Hope you will enjoy and do let me know how it was.