Chicken Karahi is very famous and traditional recipe of Pakistan. In all areas of Pakistan, it is liked as mouth-watering main dish. I hope, you will enjoy my authentic recipe of chicken karahi.
- black pepper,
- cumin seeds,
- Ginger Garlic Paste,
- Hot spice powder,
- Turmeric powder
1. Heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium high heat.
2. When hot, add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken turn its color, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the pan now.
4. In the same oil, fry ginger and garlic paste for 30 seconds. Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, and chopped red flakes.
5. Stir fry the tomatoes till the water evaporate and the mixture look thick at medium heat. This should take about ten minutes. If tomatoes start to scorch, add few drops of water and stir it continuously.
6. Now add fried chicken and curd. Mix all and keep it on low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Add hot spice powder, crushed and roasted whole coriander and cumin seeds and sliced green chilies.
8. Keep it on low flame for 8 minutes until oil comes on the surface.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves, thin sliced green chilies and julienned ginger.
Serve it with Nan or chapatti.