Raita is a famous and delicious side dish in subcontinent. This mouth watering dish is prepared at every home in Pakistan especially in Summer. However, It is also a mandatory part of all traditional main course dishes.
1. Peel cucumber and grate it.
2. Toast cumin seeds for a few seconds in a small, heavy frying pan over high heat.
3. In a bowl, stir yogurt until it is smooth.
4. Mix it with the cumin, salt, red chilli powder and coriander or mint leaves.
5. Combine mixture with cucumber grated.
6. Sprinkle with red chili powder or paprika, and chill before serving.