Degi Mutton Qorma
Degi mutton qorma is a heart favourite dish of Pakistanis. It is served in special occasions, celebrations, events, and religious parties.
- Bay leaf,
- black pepper,
- Coriander powder,
- cumin seeds,
- Ginger Garlic Paste,
- Hot spice powder,
1. Boil the mutton in a heavy pan untill it gets tender more than half. It will take about 30 minutes at medium heat.
2. Heat oil in a heavy based sauce pan and fry onions to a golden color, remove onions and spread on a flat tray. Grind to a fine paste and keep aside.
3. Reheat the oil over medium heat, add bay leaves, green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper, large cardamom, black cumin and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add boiled mutton and ginger garlic paste. Fry it for 10 minutes.
5. Add coriander powder, hot spices powder, chili powder, and salt. Stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
6. Add yogurt and cover the pan. Reduce the heat and allow cooking for 10 minutes.
7. Add onion paste and mix well. Now check the consistency of gravy. If need, add a cup of water or milk.
8. Bring to a boil and keep on dum.
9. At the end, add rooh kewra.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and ginger. Serve hot with Nans.