“Kheer” is the king of subcontinent traditional desserts. It is prepared with milk and rice. Any celebration, traditional functions and even for formal and casual parties, kheer finds its way into the menu.
1. Boil the milk in a heavy based pan.
2. Add half an hour soaked rice and green cardamom. Broken rice is preferred.
3. Let it cook at very low heat until the milk has reduced in half. This process takes approximately 2 hours. Give it an occasional stir so that the milk does not stick to the bottom. Also take care not to let the milk burn. Even a little burn spoils the milk.
4. Add sugar and give it a stir until sugar dissolves in it completely and turn off the heat.
5. Delicious kheer is ready and garnish with almonds, pistachios and sliver gelatin paper.
6. You can serve it hot or cold.