Kunna Gosht (Kunna Mutton)
Kunna is a traditional mutton dish of Chiniot Pakistan. Originally, it is cooked in a round shaped mud pot on very low flame and covered with a mud lid that is sealed completely with the help of flour mixture. Believe me, mutton cooked in this way is awesomely delicious.
- black pepper,
- Coriander powder,
- cumin seeds,
- Hot spice powder,
- Turmeric powder,
1. Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add the whole spices. Cook them till the spices start to crackle.
2. Add the onions and sauté them.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and mutton and cook them together for five to eight minutes.
4. Now add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and coriander powder with 2 cups of water. Lid it and let it cook on low-medium heat for about 30 minutes or until meat gets tender.
5. Add yogurt and let it cook till the gravy becomes little thick and oil comes on the surface.
6. At the end, add crushed black cumin seeds and keep it on dum for about 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
8. It goes delicious with Nan or Khamiri roti. But, we always prefer a good quality nans.