Hazrat Usman Radi Allahu anhu said that he appreciated three things:
- To clothe the naked
- To feed the hungry
- To read and teach the Quran
Hazrat Usman Radi Allahu anhu encouraged people to acquire two habits:
- the habit of speaking the truth(reality)
- the habit of performing good deeds
Hazrat Usman Radi Allahu anhu said that four things were ineffective and these were:
- Knowledge without practice
- Piety for the sake of show prompted by worldliness
- Wealth without expenditure in the way of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala
- A .long life with no store of good deeds.
Hazrat Usman Radi Allahu anhu held the following four things as important:
- To connect with the worthy is creditable, but to follow them is important.
- To read the Quran is worthy, but to act according to its orders is necessary.
- To visit the sick is praiseworthy, but to cause them to make their behests is vital
- To visit the shrines of Religious men is piety, but to be prepared for death is necessary.