2. Washing your hands before eating anything.
3. Eating while sitting on the floor and the food being spread out in front.
To the best of my knowledge, the Prophet did not take his meals in a big tray at all, nor did he ever eat well-baked thin bread, nor did he ever eat at a dining table. (Bukhari:298/7)
4. Recite بِسْمِ الله before eating. If forgotten, recite بِسْمِ اللهِ في أَوَّلِهِ وَآخِـرِه whenever you remember it during the meal.
Narrated ‘Umar bin Abi Salama:
I was a boy under the care of Allah’s Apostle (SAW) and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said to me, ‘O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you.” Since then I have applied those instructions when eating.
Abu Ayyub Ansaari Radiyallahu’Anhu reports: “We were once present in the assembly of Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam. Food was brought to him. I did not observe any food that had so much barakah at the beginning and at the end of which there was no barakah left in the food. We therefore asked Rasulullah (SAW) reason?. He replied: ‘In the beginning we all recited ‘Bismillah’ before we began eating. Then someone in the end joined us, and did not recite ”Bismillah’. The shayateen ate with him'”.
5. Eat with your right hand.
6. Eating together with family or guests for barakah(barkat).
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said, “The food for two persons is sufficient for three, and the food of three persons is sufficient for four persons.”
7. Eat while sitting properly.
Narrated Abu Juhaifa:
Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said, “I do not take my meals while leaning (against something).
8. Don’t over stuff yourself.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said, “A Muslim eats in one intestine (i.e. he is satisfied with a little food) while a Kafir (unbeliever) eats in seven intestines (eats much).
9. Giving your servants their share of the food you are eating.
Narrated .Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “When your servant brings your food to you, if you do not ask him to join you, then at least ask him to take one or two handfuls, for he has suffered from its heat (while cooking it) and has taken pains to cook it nicely.”
10. When finished, recite:الْحَمْـدُ للهِ الَّذي أَطْعَمَنـي هـذا وَرَزَقَنـيهِ مِنْ غَـيْرِ حَوْلٍ مِنِّي وَلا قُوَّة