Prophet Dawood (AS) was a pious and distinguished Prophet of Allah. He had some attributes which made him special.
1. He was bestowed with the Holy Book of Zabur.
2. He was given an exceptionally beautiful voice; the birds and the mountains were spell bound when he recited Zabur and were ordered by Allah to join him in Praising Allah.
3. He could recite the whole Zabur before the horse was saddled.
4. He could make mails (armors) with iron at room temperature with his bare hands without using any tools.
5. Another quality of Dawood (AS) was Dawood’s Ibadah (ibadat).
“…..and remember Our slave Dâwood (David), endued with power. Verily, he was ever oft-returning in all matters and in repentance (toward Allâh).”
Scholars say that by power, it means the powers of praying; as Dawood (AS) prayed a lot.
Our Prophet (SAW) said:” Of all the salah (namaz); Allah likes the salah of Dawood and of all the fasts (roza), Allah likes Dawood’s fast. He (Dawood) spent half of the night resting, one third of the night in Qayyam (prayer) and slept again for one sixth part of the night.He used to fast for a day; the next he didn’t fast. ( He fasted on alternate days) and he never ran off after facing the enemy( He was brave and faced the enemy bravely).
6. Dawood (AS) was given knowledge and sound judgement by Allah.
“We made his kingdom strong and gave him Al-Hikmah(Prophethood, etc.) and sound judgement in speech and decision.”
“And has the news of the litigants reached you? When they climbed over the wall into (his) Mihrâb (a praying place or a private room)”
“When they entered in upon Dâwood (David), he was terrified of them, they said: “Fear not! (We are) two litigants, one of whom has wronged the other, therefore judge between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, and guide us to the Right Way.”
“Verily, this my brother (in religion) has ninety nine ewes, while I have (only) one ewe, and he says: “Hand it over to me, and he overpowered me in speech.”
“[Dâwood ] said : “He has wronged you in demanding your ewe in addition to his ewes. And, verily, many partners oppress one another, except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and they are few…….”
(Saad 38: 21-24)